Monday May 10, 1999
US date format: 5/10/1999, UK date format: 10/5/1999
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 10, 1999). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Angel Gibbs .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Livin' La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin.
In UK Swear It Again by Westlife was in the top 5 hits.
The Straight Story, directed by David Lynch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Unzipped.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Disney's Story Studio: Mulan or Doshin the Giant.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 10, 1999?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Sport Games on May 10, 1999
- Detroit Pistons - Atlanta Hawks : 69 - 89
- New York Knicks - Miami Heat : 73 - 83
- Phoenix Suns - Portland Trail Blazers : 99 - 110
- Sacramento Kings - Utah Jazz : 101 - 90
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- TB Berlin - Bielefeld : 1 - 1
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Mallorca B - Ourense : 2 - 0
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Tottenham - Chelsea : 2 - 2
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next May 10If May 10, 1999 is your birthday you're 21 years, 4 months, 11 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 7 months, 19 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1999?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $82.00
- Apple AAPL: opens at $46.75
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $79.87
- General Electric GE: opens at $109.69
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $217.25