Tuesday May 25, 1999
US date format: 5/25/1999, UK date format: 25/5/1999
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 25, 1999). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Tina Woods and Brec Bassinger.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Livin' La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin.
In UK Swear It Again by Westlife was in the top 5 hits.
Human Traffic, directed by Justin Kerrigan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace by Terry Brooks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Unzipped.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cabela's Outdoor Trivia Challenge or Nicktoons Racing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 25, 1999?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- See more
- The United States House of Representatives releases the Cox Report which details the People's Republic of China's nuclear espionage against the U.S. over the prior two decades.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 25, 1999?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Sport Games on May 25, 1999
- Portland Trail Blazers - Utah Jazz : 71 - 88
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next May 25If May 25, 1999 is your birthday you're 21 years, 4 months, 1 day old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 7 months, 29 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $79.62
- Apple AAPL: opens at $41.56
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $76.75
- General Electric GE: opens at $104.06
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $222.50