Thursday 27 May 1999
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lily-Rose Depp and Milan Rushdie.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Livin' La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin.
In UK Swear It Again by Westlife was in the top 5 hits.
The Thirteenth Floor, directed by Josef Rusnak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Todo x 2 pesos.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atlantis II or Attack of the Saucerman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1999!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1999 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Lily-Rose Depp: French-American actress and model.
- Milan Rushdie: British noted family, the second son born to novelist and essayist Salman Rushdie.
- Cammie Lester: YouNow Star.
- The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia in The Hague, Netherlands indicts Slobodan Milosevic and four others for war crimes and crimes against humanity committed in Kosovo.
- Swedish police officers Robert Karlström (30) and Olov Borén (42) are wounded by three bank robbers armed with automatic weapons, and later executed with their own service pistols in Malexander, see Malexander murders.
- After 22 years of restoration work, Leonardo da Vinci's ''The Last Supper'' is placed back on display in Milan, Italy.
- Cathy O'Dowd, a South African mountaineer, becomes the first woman to summit Mount Everest from both the north and south sides.
- Nigeria terminates military rule, and the Fourth Nigerian Republic is established with Olusegun Obasanjo as president.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?