Wednesday 11 August 1999
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Boomcruiser .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Genie In A Bottle by Christina Aguilera.
In UK Better Off Alone by DJ Jurgen Presents Alice Deejay was in the top 5 hits.
The Sixth Sense, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Point of Origin by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mayfair Set.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Egypt 1156 B.C.: Tomb of the Pharaoh or V-Rally 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1999!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1999 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- An F-2 tornado rips through downtown Salt Lake City, Utah, killing one person and injuring over 100.
- The Salt Lake City Tornado tears through the downtown district of the city, killing one.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 August 1999
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle
- K-Ci & JoJo - Tell Me It's Real
- Destiny's Child - Bills, Bills, Bills
- Smash Mouth - All Star
- Jennifer Lopez - If You Had My Love
- The Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way
- LFO - Summer Girls
- Pearl Jam - Last Kiss
- 702 - Where My Girls At?
- Will Smith - Wild Wild West
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?