Sunday 15 August 1999
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leonardo Aguilar .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Genie In A Bottle by Christina Aguilera.
In UK Better Off Alone by DJ Jurgen Presents Alice Deejay was in the top 5 hits.
Perfect Blue, directed by Satoshi Kon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Black Notice by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mayfair Set.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dancing Stage featuring True Kiss Destination or The Dukes of Hazzard: Racing for Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1999!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1999 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Sir Hugh Casson: British architect and artist (Born 1910).
- Beni Ounif massacre in Algeria; some 29 people are killed at a false roadblock near the Moroccan border, leading to temporary tensions with Morocco.
- The maiden voyage of the Disney Wonder cruise ship takes place.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 August 1999
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle
- K-Ci & JoJo - Tell Me It's Real
- Destiny's Child - Bills, Bills, Bills
- Smash Mouth - All Star
- Jennifer Lopez - If You Had My Love
- The Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way
- LFO - Summer Girls
- Pearl Jam - Last Kiss
- 702 - Where My Girls At?
- Will Smith - Wild Wild West
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?