Monday August 12, 2013
US date format: 8/12/2013, UK date format: 12/8/2013
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 12, 2013). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Cameron (Conservative).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke.
Prisoners, directed by Denis Villeneuve, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2013
while A Street Cat Named Bob by James Bowen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching About Time.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate or Dynasty Warriors 8.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 12, 2013?
- Iraqi insurgency (post-U.S. withdrawal):: Eight people are killed and 25 are injured in a suicide bomb attack on a cafe in Balad north of the Iraqi capital Baghdad. (Reuters)
- Eight people are killed and 25 are injured in a suicide bomb attack on a cafe in Balad north of the Iraqi capital Baghdad. (Reuters)
- Nigerian Sharia conflict:: Gunmen kill 30 people in northeastern Nigeria. (Reuters)
- Gunmen kill 30 people in northeastern Nigeria. (Reuters)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 12, 2013?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Robin Thicke Featuring T.I. + Pharrell - Blurred Lines
- Jay Z Featuring Justin Timberlake - Holy Grail
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Featuring Mary Lambert - Same Love
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Featuring Ray Dalton - Can't Hold Us
- J. Cole Featuring Miguel - Power Trip
- Ciara - Body Party
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Featuring Wanz - Thrift Shop
- Justin Timberlake - Take Back The Night
- Rocko Featuring Future & Rick Ross - U.O.E.N.O.
- Wale Featuring Tiara Thomas Or Rihanna - Bad
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next August 12If August 12, 2013 is your birthday you're 6 years, 11 months, 24 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 7 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $90.43
- Apple AAPL: opens at $456.86
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $32.46
- General Electric GE: opens at $24.14
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $186.97
- 1 USD = 97.08 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.0306 CAD
- 1 USD = 0.9259 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.1223 CNY
- 1 EUR = 129.11 JPY