Tuesday August 13, 2013
US date format: 8/13/2013, UK date format: 13/8/2013
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 13, 2013). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Cameron (Conservative).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke.
Prisoners, directed by Denis Villeneuve, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2013
while The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling) was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching About Time.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cloudberry Kingdom or Iron Man 3.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 13, 2013?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- See more
- Footage of the isolated and previously unseen Kawahiva tribe is recorded for the first time in the Amazon rainforest, in Brazil. (GloboNews)
- Frank DeAngelis, the longtime Columbine High School principal who led the school through the April 1999 Columbine High School massacre announces he will retire at the end of the 2013-14 school year. (MSN)
- Sinai insurgency: Israel intercepts and destroys a Grad rocket fired by Mujahideen Shura Council al-Qaeda members from Egyptian territory at the Red Sea town of Eilat. (Daily Telegraph)
- American politician and former House Representative Jesse Jackson Jr. is sentenced to 30 months in prison for spending $750,000 in campaign funds on personal items, and will serve his sentence first before his wife, former Chicago alderman Sandi Jackson, who was given a one year term for tax fraud. (NBC)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 13, 2013?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Robin Thicke Featuring T.I. + Pharrell - Blurred Lines
- Jay Z Featuring Justin Timberlake - Holy Grail
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Featuring Mary Lambert - Same Love
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Featuring Ray Dalton - Can't Hold Us
- J. Cole Featuring Miguel - Power Trip
- Ciara - Body Party
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Featuring Wanz - Thrift Shop
- Justin Timberlake - Take Back The Night
- Rocko Featuring Future & Rick Ross - U.O.E.N.O.
- Wale Featuring Tiara Thomas Or Rihanna - Bad
Sport Games on August 13, 2013
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Aldershot - Dartford : 3 - 0
- Alfreton Town - Kidderminster : 3 - 1
- Braintree Town - Woking : 2 - 0
- Chester - Hereford : 0 - 2
- Gateshead - Grimsby : 1 - 2
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next August 13If August 13, 2013 is your birthday you're 6 years, 11 months, 26 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 5 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- An Odd Crown for Atlanta: Most Guns at the Airport Security agents at American airports have confiscated more than 800 guns from travelers so far in 2013, setting a pace that is likely to beat 2012 record of 1,556; nation's busiest airport Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International has dubious record of most gun seizures by Transportation Security Administration, with 67 to date. [..]
- Barrage of Fees Is Starting to Follow Fliers to the Hotel Hotels, like the airlines, have begun to charge fees for services that used to be free, like having the bellhop carry bags to a guest's room; hotels in United States will collect estimated $2.1 billion in fees and surcharges in 2013, up from $2 billion in 2012. [..]
- See all financial news of August 13, 2013
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $89.85
- Apple AAPL: opens at $470.94
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $32.51
- General Electric GE: opens at $24.30
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $189.54
- 1 USD = 98.23 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.0343 CAD
- 1 USD = 0.933 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.1218 CNY
- 1 EUR = 130.246 JPY