Tuesday October 12, 1999
US date format: 10/12/1999, UK date format: 12/10/1999
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 12, 1999). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Luke Armstrong .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Heartbreaker by Mariah Carey.
In UK Blue (Da Ba Dee) by Eiffel 65 was in the top 5 hits.
Bringing Out the Dead, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while The Looking Glass by Richard Paul Evans was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Walking with Dinosaurs.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Egypt 1156 B.C.: Tomb of the Pharaoh or Test Drive 6.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 12, 1999?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- See more
- Pervez Musharraf takes power in Pakistan from Nawaz Sharif through a bloodless coup.
- The Day of Six Billion: The proclaimed 6 billionth living human in the world is born.
- The 6 billionth person in the world, according to the UN is born in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Luke Armstrong: American noted family, the son of Lance...
- Robert Marsden Hope: Australian jurist (Born 1919).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 12, 1999?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Mariah Carey Featuring Jay-Z - Heartbreaker
- Deborah Cox With R.L. - We Can't Be Friends
- Whitney Houston - My Love Is Your Love
- Eric Benet Featuring Tamia - Spend My Life With You
- Ideal - Get Gone
- R. Kelly - If I Could Turn Back The Hands Of Time
- Donell Jones - U Know What's Up
- TLC - Unpretty
- Q-Tip - Vivrant Thing
- Juvenile Featuring Mannie Fresh & Lil' Wayne - Back That Thang Up
Sport Games on October 12, 1999
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Malaga - Ath Bilbao : 3 - 4
- Mallorca - La Coruna : 2 - 2
- Sevilla - Betis : 3 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Badajoz - Toledo : 1 - 1
- Elche - Tenerife : 1 - 3
- Extremadura - Cordoba : 0 - 0
- Getafe - Recreativo : 1 - 0
- Logrones - Osasuna : 3 - 1
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Lyon - Nantes : 2 - 0
- Paris SG - Marseille : 0 - 2
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Swansea - Rotherham : 2 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1999?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $73.44
- Apple AAPL: opens at $67.87
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $94.00
- General Electric GE: opens at $122.62
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $114.00