August 13th: What is special about this date?
August 13th marks the 225th day of the Gregorian calendar year (or the 226th in case of leap years). There are 140 days remaining until the end of the year. Discover famous birthdays on August 13th, celebrities died on this date, the zodiac sign associated to August 13th and what happened on August 13th in history. On this page we will address all your questions and curiosities about August 13th.
August 13th: what famous birthdays are on this date?
On August 13th there are the following famous birthdays:
- Sebastian Stan (1982)
- Grégory Fitoussi (1976)
- Dan Fogelberg (1951)
American singer-songwriter with a sweet voice and sweet face.
- Robert Ryan (1944)
- Debi Mazar (1964)
- John Slattery (1962)
American actor and director.
- Maria Rohm (1945)
- Heike Makatsch (1971)
- Paul Greengrass (1955)
English screenwriter and director.
- Moritz Bleibtreu (1971)
How to check someone's birthday?
If you’re looking for a person's birth date, have a look at our Birthday Search Guide
August 13th: who died on this date?
On August 13th the following celebrities died:
- Nino Ferrer (1998)
Pop music songwriter and singer from Italy.
- Julia Child (2004)
American chef and author of more than nine cookbooks.
- Helen Mack (1986)
American singer and actress (d. 1986).
- Marion Martin (1985)
Actress (Dakota Lil Queen of Burlesque), is killed at 67.
- Jane Darwell (1967)
Actress (Girls In Prison), dies at 87 from a heart attack.
- Elaine Hammerstein (1948)
American actress (Born 1897).
- Sandy Allen (2008)
American tallest woman (Born in 1955).
- Julien Green (1998)
French-born American novelist (d. 1998).
- Mickey Mantle (1995)
American baseball pitcher.
- Per-Jakez Helias (1995)
At 81, a teacher/writer dies.
August 13th: what zodiac sign is associated with this date?
On August 13th, the zodiac sign associated with this date is Leo according to the Western Zodiac.
August 13th: what happened on this date in history?
Here's what happened on August 13th in history:
- Aug 13, 2018: In Afghanistan, war: More than 100 Afghan soldiers, police officers, 13 civilians, and hundreds of Taliban are killed in the ongoing offensive in Ghazni. (BBC). The Taliban seize Camp Chenaya in Afghanistan, an Afghan Army base located in Ghormach District of Faryab Province.
- Aug 13, 2017: Iraqi Civil War (2014-2017: Two U.S. military personnel are killed in combat operations in northern Iraq and five others are injured.
- Aug 13, 2016: Yemeni Civil War (2015): A bombing attack on a school in northern Yemen has resulted in the deaths of at least 10 children and 28 injuries. Houthi rebels claim that the Saudi Arabia-led coalition is responsible.
- Aug 13, 2015: 2015 Baghdad Market Truck Bomb, Iraqi Civil War (2014)-2017: A truck bombing in Baghdad (Iraq) kills at most 76 people and injures 212 more. The attack was claimed by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. (Reuters),
- Aug 13, 2014: Simone Camilli, Associated Press journalist and a freelance translator, was killed while trying to defuse unexploded explosives. Four Gaza police officers were also killed.
- Aug 13, 2013: The first footage of the Kawahiva tribe, an isolated tribe previously unknown, is captured in Brazil's Amazon rainforest.
- Aug 13, 2012: Civil war in Syria:
- Aug 13, 2011: At the Indiana State Fair, stage rigging collapses. This causes the deaths of at least five people and injuries to dozens of others.
- Aug 13, 2010: Jeffrey White, a U.S. District Judge, has banned the planting of genetically modified sugarbeets engineered Monsanto. He ruled that the U.S. Department of Agriculture had approved Monsanto’s genetically modified sugarbeets in 2009 without conducting adequate environmental studies.
- Aug 13, 2009: Les Paul, a country and jazz musician and electric guitar innovator, has died at the age of just 94 due to complications from pneumonia in New York, USA. Inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame 1978, and the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame 1988.
- Aug 13, 2008: American swimmer Michael Phelps won his 10th and 11th career Gold Medals at the Beijing Olympics. He was in the men's 200m butterfly and in the 4x200 freestyle relay. His world record time of 6:58.56 is the fastest. Phelps holds the record for most Olympic gold medals in a career.
- Aug 13, 2007: Two Belgian tourists went missing in Iran last week. It appears that they were kidnapped and held captive by a bandit demanding the release of their brother from prison.
What day of the year is August 13th?
August 13th marks the 224th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar.
There are 140 days remaining until the end of the year.
August 13th is the 13th day of the month of August.
What day of the week is August 13th, 2023?
On August 13th, 2023 the day of the week is Sunday.
Find out what day of the week August 13th was over the years by using the below way back calendarAugust 2023 calendar August 2022 calendar August 2021 calendar August 2020 calendar August 2019 calendar August 2018 calendar August 2017 calendar August 2016 calendar August 2015 calendar August 2014 calendar August 2013 calendar August 2012 calendar August 2011 calendar August 2010 calendar August 2009 calendar August 2008 calendar August 2007 calendar August 2006 calendar August 2005 calendar August 2004 calendar August 2003 calendar August 2002 calendar August 2001 calendar August 2000 calendar August 1999 calendar August 1998 calendar August 1997 calendar August 1996 calendar August 1995 calendar August 1994 calendar