Friday 16 March 2001
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeyna Ponce .
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Stutter by Joe.
In UK Whole Again by Atomic Kitten was in the top 5 hits.
Heartbreakers, directed by David Mirkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while A Painted House by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching En l.U.N. aften med Golden og Antonsen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Championship Manager Quiz or Fighting Vipers 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 2001!
Which were the important events of 16 March 2001 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Bob Wollek: French race car driver and skier (d. 2001).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 March 2001
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2001 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?