Sunday 30 June 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stuart Foster and Susan Hayward.
Cupid Angling, directed by Albert Morrison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Greatheart by Ethel M. Dell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1918!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1918 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Stuart Foster: Binghamton, New York -- Singer (Galen Drake Show).
- Susan Hayward: Flatbush Brooklyn, New York -- Actress (I Want to Live, Tulsa).
- Isobel Barnett: British TV personality who is famed for the show, "What's My Line?" She basked in the attention and popularity of the program and as the superficiality of her status faded she began shoplifting from local shops until she was caught and disgraced by her subsequent arrest, on 17 October 1980.
- Père Duval: French Jesuit priest, singer-songwriter and guitarist, who was very successful in the 1950s and 1960s.
- Aimé Duval: French Jesuit priest, singer-songwriter and guitarist who was very successful in the 1950s and 1960s.
- In Richardton, North Dakota, USA, a chondrite meteorite falls striking a building.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Little Mother of Mine - John McCormack
- There's a Little Blue Star in the Window (And it Means All the World to Me) - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?