Wednesday April 21, 1999
US date format: 4/21/1999, UK date format: 21/4/1999
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on April 21, 1999). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Okward Industries .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to No Scrubs by TLC.
In UK Flat Beat by Mr Oizo was in the top 5 hits.
Solomon & Gaenor, directed by Paul Morrison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while River's End by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Futurama.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The ClueFinders Reading Adventures or Flight Unlimited III.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 21, 1999?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- TLC - No Scrubs
- Busta Rhymes Featuring Janet - What's It Gonna Be?!
- JT Money Featuring Sole - Who Dat
- Whitney Houston Feat. Faith Evans & Kelly Price - Heartbreak Hotel
- Silk - If You (Lovin' Me)
- Jesse Powell - You
- Faith Evans Featuring Puff Daddy - All Night Long
- Shanice - When I Close My Eyes
- Tyrese - Sweet Lady
- 112 Featuring Lil'z - Anywhere
Sport Games on April 21, 1999
- Chicago Bulls - New Jersey Nets : 87 - 99
- Cleveland Cavaliers - Miami Heat : 80 - 93
- Dallas Mavericks - Houston Rockets : 109 - 95
- Detroit Pistons - Charlotte Hornets : 85 - 88
- Golden State Warriors - Sacramento Kings : 94 - 103
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Clydebank - Morton : 1 - 2
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Fulham - Millwall : 4 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Scarborough - Leyton Orient : 1 - 3
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $80.62
- Apple AAPL: opens at $34.00
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $82.12
- General Electric GE: opens at $109.19
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $169.75