Tuesday 22 December 1992
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nick Johnson and Michaela Hončová.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston.
Chaplin, directed by Richard Attenborough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Truman by David McCullough was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Addams Family (Game Boy) or Ecco the Dolphin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1992!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1992 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Nick Johnson: Basketball Player.
- Michaela Hončová: Slovak tennis player.
- Shiori Kutsuna: Australian-Japanese actress.
- Aby Maraño: Filipino volleyball player.
- Libyan MIG-23UB attacks Boeing 727 at Souk al-Sabt, 158 die.
- The Archives of Terror are discovered.
- Archives of Terror discovered by Dr. Martín Almada detailing the fates of thousands of Latin Americans who had been secretly kidnapped, tortured, and killed by the security services of Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, and Uruguay. This was known as Operation Condor.
- President-elect Bill Clinton names the final members of his cabinet.
- President George H. W. Bush pardons six national security officials implicated in the Iran–Contra affair, including Caspar Weinberger.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
- Wreckx-N-Effect - Rump Shaker
- Shai - If I Ever Fall In Love
- Boyz II Men - In The Still Of The Nite (I'll Remember)
- PM Dawn - I'd Die Without You
- Snap! - Rhythm Is A Dancer
- Bobby Brown - Good Enough
- Shanice - Saving Forever For You
- The Heights - How Do You Talk To An Angel
- Mary J. Blige - Real Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?