Thursday 22 July 1999
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include GenuisMe .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Wild Wild West by Will Smith.
In UK 9pm (Till I Come) by ATB was in the top 5 hits.
The Thomas Crown Affair, directed by John McTiernan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while Summer Sisters by Judy Blume was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mayfair Set.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing BoomBots or Backyard Soccer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1999!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 July 1999 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Gar Samuelson: American drummer (Megadeth) (Born 1958).
- The first version of MSN Messenger is released by Microsoft.
- ANA Flight 61 is hijacked in Tokyo.
- Mohammed VI of Morocco becomes king upon the death of his father Hassan II.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Will Smith - Wild Wild West
- Destiny's Child - Bills, Bills, Bills
- Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle
- Pearl Jam - Last Kiss
- Jennifer Lopez - If You Had My Love
- The Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way
- Whitney Houston - It's Not Right But It's Okay
- Ricky Martin - Livin' La Vida Loca
- Smash Mouth - All Star
- 702 - Where My Girls At?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?