Saturday March 22, 1997
US date format: 3/22/1997, UK date format: 22/3/1997
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 22, 1997). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Sir John Major (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Milo Sussman and Frank Rossi.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Can't Nobody Hold Me Down by Puff Daddy.
In UK Don't Speak by No Doubt was in the top 5 hits.
The Saint, directed by Phillip Noyce, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while The List by Steve Martini was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Shapes of the Invisible.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II or Flesh Feast.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 22, 1997?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- See more
- Sunset Boulevard, closes at Minskoff NYC after 977 performances
- Comet Hale-Bopp Closest Approach to Earth (1.315 AU)
- Ladies Fig Skating Championship in Lausanne won by Tara Lipinski (USA)
- Tara Lipinski, 14, becomes the youngest women's world figure skating champion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 22, 1997?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Puff Daddy (Featuring Mase) - Can't Nobody Hold Me Down
- Dru Hill - In My Bed
- 702 - Get It Together
- Monica - For You I Will (From "Space Jam")
- Erykah Badu - On & On
- Foxy Brown Featuring Jay-Z - I'll Be
- Hev-D - Big Daddy
- Montell Jordan - What's On Tonight
- Zhane - Request Line
- Babyface - Every Time I Close My Eyes
Sport Games on March 22, 1997
- Cleveland Cavaliers - Dallas Mavericks : 75 - 72
- Detroit Pistons - Chicago Bulls : 88 - 103
- Golden State Warriors - Charlotte Hornets : 93 - 100
- Los Angeles Clippers - Utah Jazz : 94 - 107
- New York Knicks - Milwaukee Bucks : 79 - 80
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Lokeren : 3 - 1
- Genk - Anderlecht : 3 - 2
- Germinal - Mechelen : 2 - 2
- Lierse - Antwerp : 1 - 0
- Molenbeek - Lommel : 0 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Dortmund - M'gladbach : 1 - 3
- FC Koln - St Pauli : 0 - 1
- Freiburg - Leverkusen : 1 - 2
- Hamburg - Bochum : 2 - 2
- Munich 1860 - Hansa Rostock : 2 - 0
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Stuttgarter K - Zwickau : 1 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next March 22If March 22, 1997 is your birthday you're 23 years, 5 months, 29 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 6 months, 2 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?