Tuesday October 30, 2001
US date format: 10/30/2001, UK date format: 30/10/2001
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 30, 2001). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jaheem Toombs .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Family Affair by Mary J. Blige.
In UK Because I Got High by Afroman was in the top 5 hits.
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, directed by Chris Columbus, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while The Mitford Snowmen by Jan Karon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sitting Ducks.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Endonesia or Chee-Chai Alien.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 30, 2001?
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- See more
- Died: Famous Arab encyclopedist M. A. Benyounis died.
- October 4 – ''Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone
- October 5 – ''Joy Ride''
- October 19 – ''From Hell''
- See more
- Jaheem Toombs: TV Actor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 30, 2001?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Sport Games on October 30, 2001
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Bradford - Wimbledon : 3 - 3
- Gillingham - Burnley : 2 - 2
- Grimsby - Norwich : 0 - 2
- Portsmouth - Birmingham : 1 - 1
- Rotherham - Crewe : 2 - 2
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Dundee - Motherwell : 3 - 1
- Sparta - NAC Breda : 2 - 3
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2001?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $40.07
- Apple AAPL: opens at $17.38
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $58.92
- General Electric GE: opens at $36.75
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $107.80
- 1 USD = 121.99 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.5775 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.6234 CHF
- 1 EUR = 110.43 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6226 GBP