Tuesday October 09, 2001
US date format: 10/9/2001, UK date format: 9/10/2001
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 9, 2001). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Joshua Carlon .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Fallin' by Alicia Keys.
In UK Can't Get You Out Of My Head by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Castle, directed by Rod Lurie, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while Roses Are Red by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sitting Ducks.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bittersweet Fools or Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 09, 2001?
- The 2001 anthrax attacks continue as anthrax letters are mailed from Princeton, New Jersey, to U.S. Senators Tom Daschle of South Dakota and Patrick Leahy of Vermont.
- Joshua Carlon: TV Actor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 09, 2001?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
Sport Games on October 09, 2001
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Louvieroise - Lommel : 0 - 0
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Walsall - Norwich : 2 - 0
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Bournemouth - Wigan : 2 - 0
- Bristol City - Cardiff : 1 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Swansea - Rochdale : 0 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2001?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $41.25
- Apple AAPL: opens at $16.05
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $57.50
- General Electric GE: opens at $36.80
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $98.50
- 1 USD = 120.25 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.5644 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.6237 CHF
- 1 EUR = 109.85 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6261 GBP