Friday 2 August 1991
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gabriel Anthony Cohen and Evander Kane.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams.
In UK (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams was in the top 5 hits.
Double Impact, directed by Sheldon Lettich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1991
while The Kitchen God'S Wife by Amy Tan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Joking Apart.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alien Breed or Catacomb 3-D.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1991!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1991 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Gabriel Anthony Cohen: Son of Meredith Viera and Richard Cohen.
- Evander Kane: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Crystal Lee: Model.
- Tiana Small: Reality Star.
- Skyler Day: American actress and singer.
- Funk singer Rick James, arrested on sexual torture charges
- Hedy Lamaar is arrested for shoplifting in LA
- Mike Jeffcoat is 1st AL pitcher to get an RBI since 1972
- Space shuttle STS 43 (Atlantis 9) launched.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 August 1991
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1991 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You
- Rythm Syndicate - P.A.S.S.I.O.N.
- Jesus Jones - Right Here, Right Now
- DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Summertime
- Amy Grant - Every Heartbeat
- Lenny Kravitz - It Ain't Over Til It's Over
- EMF - Unbelievable
- Corina - Temptation
- Roxette - Fading Like A Flower (Every Time You Leave)
- The Escape Club - I'll Be There
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?