Sunday 2 July 1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alex Morgan and Dev .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Baby Don't Forget My Number by Milli Vanilli.
In UK Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) by Soul II Soul was in the top 5 hits.
Lethal Weapon 2, directed by Richard Donner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Russia House by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mornin' Sarge.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beyond the Black Hole or Ganbare Goemon 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1989!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1989 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Alex Morgan: Soccer Player.
- Dev : American singer and recording artist.
- Barbara Dunkelman: Voice Actor.
- Christopher Foltz: YouTube Star.
- Nadezhda Grishaeva: Russian basketball player.
- Franklin Schaffner: Japanese-American director and producer (d. 1989).
- 10th US Seniors Golf Open: Orville Moody
- 17th du Maurier Golf Classic: Tammie Green
- President of South Africa P. W. Botha meets the imprisoned Nelson Mandela face to face for the first time.
- The television show ''Seinfeld'' premieres.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 July 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Milli Vanilli - Baby Don't Forget My Number
- Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing
- Richard Marx - Satisfied
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Madonna - Express Yourself
- Donna Summer - This Time I Know It's For Real
- Cyndi Lauper - I Drove All Night
- Natalie Cole - Miss You Like Crazy
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?