Friday 21 July 1989
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Toy Soldiers by Martika.
In UK Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) by Soul II Soul was in the top 5 hits.
When Harry Met Sally..., directed by Rob Reiner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Russia House by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 July 1989!
Which were the important events of 21 July 1989 ?
- St. Zoticus
- St. Victor of Marseilles
- St. Barhadbesciabus
- St. Arbogastus
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Praxedes
- Singapore: Racial Harmony Day
- Guam: Liberation Day (1944)
- Bolivia: Martyrs' Day
- Belgium: National holiday (1831 - inauguration of LTopold I, first king of the Belgians)
- Milyn Jensen: Reality Star.
- Chelsie Hightower: American professional dancer (Dancing with the Stars, former So You Think You Can Dance contestant).
- Rory Culkin: American actor.
- Marco Fabian: Soccer Player.
- Juno Temple: English actress.
- Marco Fabián: Mexican footballer
- Chris Gunter: Welsh footballer
- Kirill Nesterov: Russian footballer
- Jamie Waylett: English actor
- Eastern Airlines submits a reorganization plan to creditors
- Greg LeMond (US) wins Tour de France in fastest time.
- Mike Tyson TKOs Carl "the Truth" Williams in 1:33 of first round.
- The beginning of a total blockade of Armenia and NKAO by Azerbaijan.
- Japan's ruling Liberal Democratic Party loses control of the House of Councillors, the LDP's worst electoral showing in 34 years, leading to Prime Minister Uno announcing he will resign to take responsibility for the result.
- Giulio Andreotti takes office as Prime Minister of Italy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Martika - Toy Soldiers
- Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Milli Vanilli - Baby Don't Forget My Number
- Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing
- Prince - Batdance
- Bobby Brown - On Our Own
- Madonna - Express Yourself
- Love and Rockets - So Alive
- Bon Jovi - Lay Your Hands On Me
- Expose - What You Don't Know
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?