Saturday 15 July 1989
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tristan Wilds and Steven Jahn.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to If You Don't Know Me By Now by Simply Red.
In UK Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) by Soul II Soul was in the top 5 hits.
When Harry Met Sally..., directed by Rob Reiner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Russia House by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Interceptor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dr. Plummet's House of Flux or Fire Shark Same! Same! Same!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1989!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1989 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Madonna - Express Yourself
- Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing
- Martika - Toy Soldiers
- Milli Vanilli - Baby Don't Forget My Number
- Prince - Batdance
- Natalie Cole - Miss You Like Crazy
- Expose - What You Don't Know
- The Doobie Brothers - The Doctor
- Love and Rockets - So Alive
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?