Wednesday 2 August 1989
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Batdance by Prince.
In UK Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) by Soul II Soul was in the top 5 hits.
The Abyss, directed by James Cameron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Russia House by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1989!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1989 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Charlie Short: YouTube Star.
- Priscilla Betti: French singer-actress, participating in the TV show "Danse avec les Stars" as finalist (23 December 2015).
- Nacer Chadli: Belgian footballer.
- Vanes-Mari Toit: South African netball player.
- NASA confirms Voyager 2's discovery of three more moons of Neptune designated temporarily 1989 N2, 1989 N3 and 1989 N24.
- A massacre is carried out by an Indian Peace Keeping Force in Sri Lanka killing 64 ethnic Tamil civilians.
- Pakistan is re-admitted to the Commonwealth of Nations after having restoring democracy for the first time since 1972.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?