Thursday 2 July 1992
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-A-Lot.
In UK Abba-esque (EP) by Erasure was in the top 5 hits.
A League of Their Own, directed by Penny Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Oh by Dr. Seuss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1992.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1992!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1992 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
Famous Birthdays:02 July
- Braniff Airlines goes out of business
- The one millionth Corvette car is built. It is an Arctic White LT1 convertible, with red interior and black top. Chevrolet donates the car to the National Corvette Museum.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
- I'll Be There (Live-Unplugged) - Mariah Carey
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge
- Kris Kross - Jump
- Celine Dion - If You Asked Me To
- Sophie B. Hawkins - Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover
- Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart
- En Vogue - My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)
- Arrested Development - Tennessee
- Wishing On A Star - The Cover Girls
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?