Wednesday 8 July 1992
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Taylor Maine Pearl Brooks and Taylor Brooks.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-A-Lot.
In UK Abba-esque (EP) by Erasure was in the top 5 hits.
Universal Soldier, directed by Roland Emmerich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while The Pelican Brief by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ariel the Little Mermaid or Assassin.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1992!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1992 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Taylor Maine Pearl Brooks: Daughter of country singer Garth Brooks.
- Taylor Brooks: American noted family, the first daughter of country western star Garth Brooks and his wife Sandy Mahl.
- Son Heung-min: Soccer Player.
- Sky Ferreira: American singer.
- Benjamin Grosvenor: English pianist.
- Florida Marlins unveil their uniform
- Thomas Klestil installed as President of Austria
- The Conference for Security and Co-operation in Europe creates the office of High Commissioner on National Minorities.
- Amoco and Unocal Corporation announce restructuring plans that will eliminate 10,000 jobs in 1992 and 1993.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 July 1992
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
- I'll Be There (Live-Unplugged) - Mariah Carey
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge
- Celine Dion - If You Asked Me To
- Sophie B. Hawkins - Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover
- Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart
- Kris Kross - Jump
- Arrested Development - Tennessee
- En Vogue - My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)
- Wishing On A Star - The Cover Girls
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?