Sunday 3 May 1981
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Farrah Franklin and UNee.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Morning Train (Nine To Five) by Sheena Easton.
In UK Making Your Mind Up by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
The Burning, directed by Tony Maylam, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Gorky Park by Martin Cruz Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Funny Man.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Jump Bug or Space Dungeon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1981 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Farrah Franklin: American singer (former member of Destiny's Child).
- UNee: South Korean singer and actress (d. 2007).
- Gillian Hearst-Simonds: American socialite, society editor at Town & Country magazine, and daughter of American heiress and pardoned fugitive Patty Hearst-Shaw.
- Gillian Shaw: American noted family, the daughter of Patty Hearst and her husband, Bernard Shaw.
- Charlie Brooks: Soap Opera Actress.
- J Tillman: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Fleet Foxes and Saxon Shore)
- Can-Can closes at Minskoff Theater NYC after 5 performances
- Moony, Shapiro Songbook opens and closes at Morosco Theater, New York City
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 May 1981
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheena Easton - Morning Train (Nine To Five)
- Grover Washington Jr. - Just The Two Of Us
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Juice Newton - Angel Of The Morning
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Kiss On My List
- Blondie - Rapture
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Steve Winwood - While You See A Chance
- Gino Vannelli - Living Inside Myself
- Eric Clapton - I Can't Stand It
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?