Wednesday 7 May 1986
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to West End Girls by Pet Shop Boys.
In UK A Different Corner by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
Top Gun, directed by Tony Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while A Perfect Spy by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1986.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 1986 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
Famous Birthdays:07 May
- Phillies outfielder Garry Maddox, retires
- In Andreanof Islands, Alaska, a magnitude 7.9 earthquake occurs. Tsunami generated with observed wave heights up to 175 cm.
- Bucharest wins 31st Europe Cup I.
- Canadian Patrick Morrow became the first person to climb each of the Seven Summits.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
- Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love
- Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All
- Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love
- Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
- The Outfield - Your Love
- Phil Collins - Take Me Home
- Miami Sound Machine - Bad Boy
- The Rolling Stones - Harlem Shuffle
- Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - If You Leave
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?