Sunday 25 May 1986
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Neon Hitch and Lauren Crace.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Greatest Love Of All by Whitney Houston.
In UK The Chicken Song by Spitting Image was in the top 5 hits.
Cobra, directed by George P. Cosmatos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while I'Ll Take Manhattan by Judith Krantz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Very Peculiar Practice.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Argus or Empire!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1986.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1986!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1986 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Neon Hitch: Pop Singer.
- Lauren Crace: English actress.
- Edewin Fanini: Brazilian footballer.
- Yoan Gouffran: French footballer.
- Takahiro Hōjō: Japanese actor and musician.
- Chester Bowles: American senator/ambassador, dies at age 85 (born 1901).
- 30,000,000 watch Live Aid, a massive benefit concert
- 7,000,000 Americans form Hands Across America
- 95-year-old woman scores a hole-in-one in Florida
- Ferry boat Shamia sinks on Maghna River Bangladesh, 600 killed
- Virgilio Barco elected President of Colombia.
- Laurie Rinker wins LPGA Corning Golf Classic.
- Kansas City Royals' George Brett gets his 2,000th hit.
- Hands Across America - 7 million people hold hands from California to New York, to raise money to fight hunger and homelessness.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All
- Madonna - Live To Tell
- Patti LaBelle - On My Own
- Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
- Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - If You Leave
- Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
- Phil Collins - Take Me Home
- Miami Sound Machine - Bad Boy
- Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
- Mike + The Mechanics - All I Need Is A Miracle
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?