Monday 8 August 1977
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Just Want To Be Your Everything by Andy Gibb.
In UK Angelo by Brotherhood Of Man was in the top 5 hits.
The Kentucky Fried Movie, directed by John Landis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1977!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1977 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Nicolas Vogondy: French road racing cyclist, who competed as a professional between 1997 and 2013.
- Kurt Bernard: Costa Rican footballer.
- Szilard Nemeth: Slovak footballer.
- Darren Manzella: American sergeant (d. 2013).
- Szilárd Németh: Slovak footballer and manager.
- Lindsay Sloane: American actress
- Rocky Thompson: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- Mohammad Wasim: Pakistani cricketer
- Marsha Ambrosius: R&B Singer
- Daniel Moreira: French football/soccer player, a striker who played at senior level from 1995 to 2010, and on France national team from 2002 to 2004.
- Edgar Adrian: English electrophysiologist and recipient of the 1932 Nobel Prize for Physiology, won jointly with Sir Charles Sherrington for work on the function of neurons.
- Maurine Stuart, ordained as Zen priest by Eido Tai Shimano Roshi
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- Peter Frampton - I'm In You
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- Rita Coolidge - (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher
- Peter McCann - Do You Wanna Make Love
- Barbra Streisand - My Heart Belongs To Me
- Commodores - Easy
- Pablo Cruise - Whatcha Gonna Do?
- Alice Cooper - You And Me
- Bay City Rollers - You Made Me Believe In Magic
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?