Friday 12 August 1977
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jesper Gr?nkjaer and Iva Majoli.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Just Want To Be Your Everything by Andy Gibb.
In UK Angelo by Brotherhood Of Man was in the top 5 hits.
The Kentucky Fried Movie, directed by John Landis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Making of James Bond - 007.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DND or Super Bug.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1977!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1977 ?
- Jesper Gr?nkjaer: Danish footballer.
- Iva Majoli: Croatian tennis player: WTA Tour.
- Plaxico Burress: American football player.
- Jesper Grønkjær: Danish footballer.
- Park Yong-ha: South Korean singer and actor (d. 2010).
- Space shuttle Enterprise makes first atmospheric flight.
- High Energy Astronomy Observatory 1 launched into Earth orbit.
- The first free flight of the Space Shuttle Enterprise.
- The Sri Lankan riots of 1977, targeting the minority Sri Lankan Tamil people, begin, less than a month after the United National Party came to power. Over 300 Tamils are killed.
- The NASA Space Shuttle, named ''Enterprise'', makes its first test free-flight from the back of a Boeing 747 Shuttle Carrier Aircraft (SCA).
- The Big Ear, a radio telescope operated by Ohio State University as part of the SETI project, receives a radio signal from deep space the event is named the ampquotWOW!ampquot signal for a notation made by a volunteer on the project.
- Herbert Kappler escapes from the Caelian Hill military hospital in Rome.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- Peter Frampton - I'm In You
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- Rita Coolidge - (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher
- Peter McCann - Do You Wanna Make Love
- Barbra Streisand - My Heart Belongs To Me
- Commodores - Easy
- Pablo Cruise - Whatcha Gonna Do?
- Alice Cooper - You And Me
- Bay City Rollers - You Made Me Believe In Magic
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?