Sunday 8 August 1976
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John.
In UK Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John & Kiki Dee was in the top 5 hits.
Futureworld, directed by Richard T. Heffron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1976!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1976 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Liraz Mesilaty: Miss Universe - Israel (1996).
- Seung-Yeop Lee: Korean baseball player.
- Jeff Simmons: American race car driver.
- Olivier Monterrubio: French footballer who played as a midfielder.
- Drew Lachey: American singer.
- John Roselli: hired by US Central Intelligence Agency to kill Cuban leader Fidel Castro, is found murdered.
- Chicago White Sox suit up in shorts
- As part of the ABA-NBA merger agreement, a dispersal draft is conducted to assign teams for the players on the two ABA franchises which had folded.
- Ten thousand Protestant and Catholic women demonstrate for peace in Northern Ireland.
- The Senegalese political party ''PAI-Rénovation'' is legally recognized, becoming the third legal party in the country.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
- Gary Wright - Love Is Alive
- Starbuck - Moonlight Feels Right
- Wings - Let 'Em In
- Bee Gees - You Should Be Dancing
- The Beach Boys - Rock And Roll Music
- The Beatles - Got To Get You Into My Life
- The Manhattans - Kiss And Say Goodbye
- Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine
- Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?