Monday 8 June 1992
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Skizzy Mars and Sebá .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Jump by Kris Kross.
In UK Abba-esque (EP) by Erasure was in the top 5 hits.
Barefoot Gen, directed by Mamoru Shinzaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Jewels by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jack's Place.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cosmo Gang: The Puzzle or Cybernator.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1992.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1992!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1992 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
Famous Birthdays:08 June
- 26th Music City News Country Awards: Alan Jackson and Garth Brooks
- New York Yankee pitcher Steve Howe is banned from baseball for 7th time
- Thomas Klestil succeeds Waldheim as President of Austria
- The first World Ocean Day is celebrated, coinciding with the Earth Summit held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- A 'Joint Understanding' agreement on arms reduction is signed by U.S. President George H. W. Bush and Russian President Boris Yeltsin (this is later codified in START II).
- A federal grand jury indicts Caspar Weinberger for his role in covering up the Iran–Contra affair.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kris Kross - Jump
- I'll Be There (Live-Unplugged) - Mariah Carey
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge
- Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
- En Vogue - My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)
- Sophie B. Hawkins - Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover
- Joe Public - Live And Learn
- Celine Dion - If You Asked Me To
- Michael Jackson - In The Closet
- Luther Vandross - The Best Things In Life Are Free
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?