Monday 9 November 1998
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Doo Wop (That Thing) by Lauryn Hill.
In UK Believe by Cher was in the top 5 hits.
Enemy of the State, directed by Tony Scott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while The Path of Daggers by Robert Jordan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1998.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1998!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1998 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 November
- In the largest civil settlement in United States history, a federal judge approves a US$1.03 billion settlement requiring dozens of brokerage houses (including Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, and Salomon Smith Barney) to pay investors who claim they were cheated in a wide-spread price-fixing scheme on the NASDAQ.
- Capital punishment in the United Kingdom, already abolished for murder, is completely abolished for all remaining capital offences.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1998 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?