Sunday 10 August 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ian Anderson and Drupi .
Life with Father, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1947!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1947 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Ian Anderson: Scottish musician, the flamboyant lead singer and moving spirit with the group Jethro Tull, playing rock'n'roll flute.
- Drupi : Italian pop-rock singer, best known for the songs "Vado via", "Piccola e fragile", "Sereno è" and "Due".
- Anwar Ibrahim: Anwar Ibrahim is a Malaysian politician.
- Bonnie Raine: American nun and college professor.
- John Spencer: English rugby player and manager.
- Alan Ward: English cricketer
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 August 1947
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?