Tuesday 9 April 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Young Girls of Rochefort, directed by Jacques Demy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1968!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1968 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Seth Bishop: American homicide, he was fatally shot by his 20-year-old sister Amy Bishop on December 6, 1986; he was pronounced dead at 3:08 PM in a Quincy, MA hospital "approximately 46 minutes after the shooting" according to a news report in the Boston Globe newspaper.
- Marie-Claire Restoux: French athlete, a judo champion.
- Matthew Bennett: TV Actor.
- Janne Ojanen in Tampere: Finland; hockey forward (Team Finland).
- Terry Brands in Omaha: Nebraska, USA; 125.
- Tom Brands in Omaha: Nebraska, USA; 136.5 pounds/62kg freestyle wrestler/identical twin of Terry (Olympics-gold-1996).
- German DR adopts constitution
- Ralph Aberbathy elected to head So Christian Leadership Conference
- Martin Luther King Jr buried in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- Funeral of Martin Luther King, Jr.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- The Monkees - Valleri
- Manfred Mann - Mighty Quinn (Quinn The Eskimo)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?