Sunday 11 May 2003
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Get Busy by Sean Paul.
In UK Ignition Remix by R Kelly was in the top 5 hits.
The Matrix Reloaded, directed by The Wachowski Brothers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Holes by Louis Sachar was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 2003!
Which were the important events of 11 May 2003 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 May
- Noel Redding: Bass guitarist and songwriter who was recruited to play in the Jimi Hendrix Experience in 1966 and left in 1969 a year before Hendrix's death.
- Benvenuto Cellini's ''Saliera'' is stolen from the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna.
- A suicide truck-bomb attack kills at least 60 at a government compound in northern Chechnya.
- In Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 26 people are killed in the Riyadh Compound Bombings.
- Ponds on the north side of Catoctin Mountain, near Gambrill Park Road and Tower Road in Frederick, Maryland, are under investigation by the FBI, in connection with the 2001 anthrax attacks. FBI investigators found anthrax spores and other evidence in their search of ponds in the area during December and January 2002. Divers retrieved a ampquotclear boxampquot with holes that could accommodate protective biological safety gloves, as well as vials wrapped in plastic from a pond in the Frederick
- A number of newspapers have published the alleged identity of the British Force Research Unit's most senior informer within the Provisional IRA, code-named Stakeknife, who is thought to have been head of the Provisional IRA's internal security force, charged with routing out informers like himself. The person named has fled.
- The Governor-General of Australia Peter Hollingworth has stood down from his post while investigations into his past are proceeding. Tasmanian Governor Sir Guy Green is appointed as Commonwealth Administrator.
- Filip Vujanovic, a former Prime Minister who favors independence, was elected President of Montenegro. This was the third attempt at electing a President in five months the first two votes did not attract enough voters to make the vote valid. This time the legislature had eliminated the turnout requirement.
- Voters in Lithuania vote to join the European Union.
- Manchester City FC close the curtains, at their stadium, Maine Road after 80 years.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?