Wednesday 14 May 2003
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Get Busy by Sean Paul.
In UK Ignition Remix by R Kelly was in the top 5 hits.
The Matrix Reloaded, directed by The Wachowski Brothers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Holes by Louis Sachar was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Todo sobre Camila.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Disgaea: Hour of Darkness or Emergency Fire Response.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 2003!
Which were the important events of 14 May 2003 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 May
- Dave DeBusschere: American basketball player and coach (d. 2003).
- DARPA's Information Processing Technology Office solicits bids for the LifeLog project, an extremely ambitious effort to create a massive searchable computer database, ampquotan ontology-based (sub)system that captures, stores, and makes accessible the flow of one person's experience in and interactions with the worldnbsp... The objectivenbsp... is to be able to trace the 'threads' of an individual's life in terms of events, states, and relationshipsampquot.,
- SCO v. IBM Linux lawsuit: Apparently noticing the incongruity of their selling a Linux distribution while suing IBM for stealing their intellectual property and giving it to the developers of that operating system, the SCO Group (formerly Caldera International and Caldera Systems) announces they will no longer distribute Linux. According to their press release, ampquotSCO will continue to support existing SCO Linux and Caldera OpenLinux customers and hold them harmless from any SCO intellectual
- Carlos Menem quits the Argentinian presidential race fellow Peronist Néstor Kirchner is consequently expected to win.
- The bodies of 17 Hispanics, suspected Mexican illegal immigrants, were found by police in Victoria, Texas. One more person, a man, died in a hospital, raising the death total to 18. 13 of the bodies were found inside a locked truck, and four of them outside it. A man was later arrested in Houston on suspicion of being the smuggler who led the 18 persons to their deaths.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?