Sunday 12 January 1986
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Miguel Angel Nieto and Gemma Arterton.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Say You, Say Me by Lionel Richie.
In UK West End Girls by Pet Shop Boys was in the top 5 hits.
Enemy Mine, directed by Wolfgang Petersen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while It by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bluebell.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Atlantis no Nazo or Dead Zone (video game).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1986.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1986!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1986 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Miguel Angel Nieto: Spanish footballer.
- Gemma Arterton: English actress.
- Kieron Richardson: Soap Opera Actor.
- Kehoma Brenner: German rugby player.
- Ayako Imoto: Japanese comedian and actor.
- 24th space shuttle mission STS 61-C Columbia 7 is launched with the first Hispanic-American astronaut, Dr. Franklin Chang-Diaz.
- Miami Dolphins win AFC football championship
- Chicago Blackhawks' Denis Savard scores at 4 seconds of third period.
- Space Shuttle program: Congressman Bill Nelson lifts off from Kennedy Space Center aboard Columbia on mission STS-61C as a Mission Specialist.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lionel Richie - Say You, Say Me
- Eddie Murphy - Party All The Time
- Dionne & Friends - That's What Friends Are For
- Simple Minds - Alive & Kicking
- Klymaxx - I Miss You
- John Cougar Mellencamp - Small Town
- The Cars - Tonight She Comes
- Stevie Nicks - Talk To Me
- Mr. Mister - Broken Wings
- Dire Straits - Walk Of Life
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?