Friday 14 September 1984
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lethal Bizzle and FaZe CBass.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to What's Love Got To Do With It by Tina Turner.
In UK I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Ninja III: The Domination, directed by Sam Firstenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while First Among Equals by Jeffrey Archer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Balkan ekspres.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 4 Nin Uchi Mahjong or Gauntlet.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1984!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1984 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Lethal Bizzle: Rapper.
- FaZe CBass: YouTube Star.
- Adam Lamberg: American actor.
- Sonja Bertram: German actress.
- Tom Veelers: Dutch cyclist.
- Janet Gaynor: American actress who made 34 films from 1926-1938 including "A Star is Born," 1937.
- 1st MTV awards-Bette Midler and Dan Aykroyd host
- The first MTV Video Music Awards are held in Radio City Music Hall, New York City; Bette Midler and Dan Aykroyd host.
- Joe Kittinger becomes the first person to fly a hot air balloon alone across the Atlantic Ocean.
- P. W. Botha is inaugurated as the first executive State President of South Africa.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?