Wednesday 14 September 1983
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Amy Winehouse and Arash Borhani.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Maniac by Michael Sembello.
In UK Red Red Wine by UB40 was in the top 5 hits.
Cannibal Ferox, directed by Umberto Lenzi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Poland by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Killer Kong or Major Havoc.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1983!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1983 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Amy Winehouse: British singer and songwriter, a talented and versatile performer who won rave reviews for her music and sympathy for her very public battles with drug and alcohol addictions and eating disorders.
- Arash Borhani: Iranian footballer.
- Josh Outman: American baseball player.
- Frostee Rucker: National Football League defensive end.
- US House of Representatives votes, 416 to 0, in favor of a resolution condemning Russia for shooting down a Korean jetliner
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Sembello - Maniac
- Billy Joel - Tell Her About It
- Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance
- Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Michael Jackson - Human Nature
- Taco - Puttin' On The Ritz
- Air Supply - Making Love Out Of Nothing At All
- Asia - Don't Cry
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?