Thursday 17 April 1997
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Can't Nobody Hold Me Down by Puff Daddy.
In UK I Believe I Can Fly by R Kelly was in the top 5 hits.
Grosse Pointe Blank, directed by George Armitage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while The Partner by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1997.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1997!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1997 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Chaim Herzog: Israeli politician, soldier, lawyer and author who served as the sixth President of Israel.
- New Jersey Devils' goalie Martin Brodeur is second NHL goalie to score in a playoff game.
- John Bell, 115, recieves new heart pacemaker.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?