Friday 17 June 2005
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to We Belong Together by Mariah Carey.
In UK Axel F by Crazy Frog was in the top 5 hits.
War of the Worlds, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while 1776 by David McCullough was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 2005!
Which were the important events of 17 June 2005 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Because of "quadruple-witching" options and futures expiration, the New York Stock Exchange sees the heaviest first-hour trading on record. 704 million shares are traded between 9:30-10:30 A.M. (1.92 billion shares for the day).
- A 6.7 aftershock, which followed a 5.3 earthquake the previous day, hits California, making it the fourth earthquake since June 12 in California.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2005 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mariah Carey - We Belong Together
- Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl
- The Game - Hate It Or Love It
- Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone
- Ciara - Oh
- The Black Eyed Peas - Don't Phunk With My Heart
- 50 Cent - Just A Lil Bit
- Kelly Clarkson - Behind These Hazel Eyes
- Will Smith - Switch
- Pretty Ricky - Grind With Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?