Sunday 18 September 1977
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barrett Foa and David Rodriguez.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I Just Want To Be Your Everything by Andy Gibb.
In UK Way Down by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The American Friend, directed by Wim Wenders, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Arrow Emblem - Grand Prix No Taka.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Air-Sea Battle or Surround.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1977!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1977 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Barrett Foa: TV Actor.
- David Rodriguez: Boxer.
- Li Tie: Chinese footballer and manager.
- Kieran West: British oarsman.
- Paul Bernays: Swiss mathematician (Born 1888).
- All 4 Kiss members release solo albums
- Brooks Robinson Night in Baltimore
- Joanne Carner / Judy Rankin wins LPGA National Team Golf Championship
- Voyager I takes first photograph of the Earth and the Moon together.
- ''Courageous (U.S.)'', skippered by Ted Turner, sweeps ''Australia (Australia)'' in the 24th America's Cup.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 September 1977
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- The Floaters - Float On
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- James Taylor - Handy Man
- Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop
- KC and the Sunshine Band - Keep It Comin' Love
- The Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter 23
- Electric Light Orchestra - Telephone Line
- The Sanford/Townsend Band - Smoke From A Distant Fire
- The London Symphony Orchestra - Star Wars Main Title
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?