Sunday 25 September 1977
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Best Of My Love by The Emotions.
In UK Way Down by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Bilitis, directed by David Hamilton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1977!
Which were the important events of 25 September 1977 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Divya Dutta: Indian model and actress.
- Clea DuVall: American actress director and producer.
- Kiyoshi Ijichi: Japanese drummer (Asian Kung-Fu Generation).
- Robbie Jones: American actor.
- Mike Krahulik: American illustrator.
- Sidney van den Bergh: Dutch businessman / politician, dies at 78.
- Jane Blalock wins LPGA Sarah Coventry Golf Tournament
- About 4,200 people take part in the first running of the Chicago Marathon.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Emotions - Best Of My Love
- The Floaters - Float On
- Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop
- KC and the Sunshine Band - Keep It Comin' Love
- The Brothers Johnson - Strawberry Letter 23
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- Electric Light Orchestra - Telephone Line
- Star Wars Theme/Cantina Band (Medley) - Meco
- Shaun Cassidy - That's Rock 'N' Roll
- Foreigner - Cold As Ice
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?