Monday 21 August 1989
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Judd Trump and Hayden Panettiere.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx.
In UK Swing The Mood by Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers was in the top 5 hits.
Little Monsters, directed by Richard Alan Greenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Polar Star by Martin Cruz Smith was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Faria: A World of Mystery and Danger! or HardBall II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1989!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1989 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Judd Trump: English snooker player.
- Hayden Panettiere: American actress, model, singer, and activist.
- Charlison Benschop: Dutch footballer.
- James Davey: English rugby player.
- Elarica Gallacher: English actress.
- Voyager 2 begins a flyby of planet Neptune
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting
- Paula Abdul - Cold Hearted
- New Kids On The Block - Hangin' Tough
- Gloria Estefan - Don't Wanna Lose You
- Bobby Brown - On Our Own
- Karyn White - Secret Rendezvous
- Great White - Once Bitten Twice Shy
- Don Henley - The End Of The Innocence
- Jody Watley - Friends
- The Jeff Healey Band - Angel Eyes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?