Friday 21 September 2001
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to I'm Real by Jennifer Lopez.
In UK Let's Dance by Five was in the top 5 hits.
Zoolander, directed by Ben Stiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2001
while Time and Again by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Isaac Mizrahi Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Echelon or Lego Racers 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2001.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 2001!
Which were the important events of 21 September 2001 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 September
- Deep Space 1 flies within 2,200 km of Comet Borrelly.
- AZF chemical plant explodes in Toulouse, France, killing 31 people
- America: A Tribute to Heroes is broadcast by over 35 network and cable channels, raising over $200 million for the September 11 attack victims.
- In Toulouse, France, the AZote Fertilisant chemical factory explodes, killing 29 and seriously wounding over 2,500.
- White English teenager Ross Parker stabbed to death in racially motivated attack by a gang of Muslim Asians in Peterborough, England. Racial tensions in the area had been raised following the September 11th attacks
- Film: ''Training Day'' starring Denzel Washington and Ethan Hawke
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2001 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?