Thursday 24 April 2003
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to In Da Club by 50 Cent.
In UK Make Luv by Room 5 featuring Oliver Cheatham was in the top 5 hits.
X2, directed by Bryan Singer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Three Fates by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 2003!
Which were the important events of 24 April 2003 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 April
- 2003 Iraq war: Iraqi former Deputy Prime Minister Tariq Aziz surrenders himself to U.S. forces
- The Dixie Chicks pose nude on the cover of ''Entertainment Weekly'', with political slogans on their bodies, in response to their critics' reaction to lead singer Natalie Maines' derogatory remark against U.S. President George W. Bush.
- In the Red Lion Area Junior High School cafeteria (Red Lion, Pennsylvania), eighth-grader James Sheets, carrying multiple weapons, fatally shoots the principal, Eugene Segro, and then fatally shoots himself. Two years earlier, the same school district was the site of a machete attack that injured another principal, two teachers and 11 pupils.
- Winnie Mandela is found guilty of theft and fraud involving funds of the African National Congress and faces up to fifteen years in prison.
- The Canadian federal fisheries minister, Robert Thibault, announces the complete closure of the Atlantic cod fishery, in order to prevent the commercial extinction of cod.
- An article in ''Nature'' states that the chemical pyrroloquinoline quinone should be classed as one of the B vitamins.
- A massive intrusion of fish occurs at the water inlet of the Donald C. Cook Nuclear Generating Station, causing a plant shutdown for approximately 25 hours.
- Microsoft releases Windows Server 2003.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?