Thursday 17 April 2003
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Blake Deming .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to In Da Club by 50 Cent.
In UK Make Luv by Room 5 featuring Oliver Cheatham was in the top 5 hits.
Holes, directed by Andrew Davis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution by Robert C. Atkins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Most Extreme Elimination Challenge.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle Engine Aquila or Disney's Brother Bear.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 2003!
Which were the important events of 17 April 2003 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- 2003 invasion of Iraq
- Australian Prime Minister John Howard announces that Australian forces in Operation Falconer will completely pull out by June.
- The Bechtel Corporation is awarded a contract for the rebuilding of parts of Iraqs electricity system, water supplies and other key infrastructures.
- Barzan Ibrahim al-Tikriti, top advisor and half-brother of Saddam Hussein is captured by U.S. forces (the second of Hussein's half brothers captured this week).
- Save the Children announces that U.S. forces continue to prevent their airplane from landing in Arbil, Iraq to deliver medical supplies and emergency feeding kits. U.S. officials contend that the area is not yet safe, while the United Nations has already declared Arbil a ampquotsafe and secureampquot area.
- Martin Sullivan and Gary Vikan, of the U.S. Presidential Advisory Committee on Cultural Property, announced their resignations in protest of the US failure to prevent looting of the Iraqi National Museum.
- Sir John Stevens releases the Stevens Report, which states that the police and other security services in Northern Ireland colluded in the murders of many innocent people, including Pat Finucane and Francisco Notarantonio, in the 1970s and 1980s.
- Michael Jordan retired from professional basketball while playing for the Washington Wizards.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?