Tuesday 29 April 2003
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to In Da Club by 50 Cent.
In UK Make Luv by Room 5 featuring Oliver Cheatham was in the top 5 hits.
X2, directed by Bryan Singer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Three Fates by Nora Roberts was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 2003!
Which were the important events of 29 April 2003 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Maud Behn: Norwegian royalty, the eldest of the three daughters of Princess Märtha Louise and her husband, author Ari Behn.
- Brianna Leah: YouTube Star.
- The United States announces the withdrawal of troops stationed in Saudi Arabia, and the redeployment of some at the Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar.
- The World Health Organization lifts the SARS travel warning for Toronto.
- Leaders of member countries of ASEAN and the Premier of the People's Republic of China held an emergency summit in Bangkok, Thailand in order to address the SARS problem. Among the decisions made were the setting-up of a ministerial-level task force and uniform pre-departure health screening in airports.
- Israeli forces assassinate three Palestinian militants in Gaza, including Nidal Salamah, a leader of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine. The action prompts accusations that Israel is trying to sabotage the Palestinian government's attempts to transform itself.
- Lynn Htun, suspected of being the head of the Fluffi Bunni computer cracker ring, is arrested in London.
- Quebec premier-elect Jean Charest is sworn in and names his cabinet.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?