Friday 24 October 2003
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
The Matrix Revolutions, directed by The Wachowski Brothers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Ultimate Weight Solution by Phillip C. McGraw was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 2003!
Which were the important events of 24 October 2003 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 October
- The Concorde makes its last commercial flight, bringing the era of airliner supersonic travel to a close, at least for the time being.
- The Cedar Fire begins in San Diego County, burning , 2,232 homes and killing 14.
- The Florida Marlins defeat the New York Yankees to win their second World Series title.
- Mining: 49 miners are trapped in a Russian mine as water began seeping into the mine, disabling electrical systems
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: The body of the Hamas militant killed in the attack on an Israeli military camp (that killed three Israeli soldiers) is returned to his family in their refugee camp.
- 2003 invasion of Iraq: The US Senate Committee on Intelligence finalizes its report on pre-war intelligence and is highly critical of George Tenet and the quality of US intelligence about Iraq's weapons.
- Aircraft: The final flights of Concorde, from New York, Edinburgh, and a loop around the Bay of Biscay, touch down at Heathrow International Airport around 1600 BST, marking the end of 27 years of commercial supersonic flight.
- Same-sex marriage: Three same-sex couples in Spain, including a Madrid city councilman, apply for marriage licenses. They state that if the registry judge does not grant them the licenses, they will appeal to Spain's constitutional court, and as far as the European Court of Human Rights if necessary. They describe their actions as inspired by the recent rulings on same-sex marriage in Canada.
- Apple releases Mac OS X Panther.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?