Thursday 25 March 2004
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Yeah! by Usher.
In UK Cha Cha Slide by DJ Casper was in the top 5 hits.
Hellboy, directed by Guillermo del Toro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while 3rd Degree by James Patterson, Andrew Gross was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 2004!
Which were the important events of 25 March 2004 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 March
- In France, the government of prime minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin suffers a stunning and unprecedented defeat in regional elections.
- The first ever reported South Atlantic hurricane makes landfall in South Brazil in the state of Santa Catarina ndash the hurricane is dubbed Hurricane Catarina.
- The Republic of Ireland bans smoking in all enclosed work places, including restaurants, pubs and bars.
- The largest expansion of NATO to date takes place, allowing Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia into the organization.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 March 2004 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?